All products arrive with an official manufacturer's warranty, this insurance option is added protection against accidental loss, damage or theft.
This insurance is optional and will meet the demands and needs of a UK resident requiring insurance for jewellery or watches in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man plus up to 30 consecutive days elsewhere in the world any one trip.
The insurance is administered by T H March & Co. Limited, Hare Park House, Yelverton Business Park, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7LS, and they are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This may be checked on the Financial Services Register on the FCA’s website.
In the unlikely event that you may wish to make a complaint, this should be directed to T H March. The complaints procedure is detailed in your insurance documentation.
It is important you read the certificate as this details the terms, conditions and any restrictions in cover.
WHAT DOES THIS INSURANCE COVER?
The insurance covers you against accidental loss, damage or theft. Items are covered Nation wide and up to 30 consecutive days abroad each year the insurance runs, in the event you wish to make a claim and the claim is accepted, you won't have to pay any excess fees.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS INSURANCE
Any insured person who is not a UK resident, loss from baggage unless being carried by the insured person, any items stolen from an unattended vehicle, any loss from wear and tear, gradual deterioration, mechanical or electrical breakdown or cleaning and renovation.
Insurance is only available for watches with an individual value not exceeding £1,500, or jewellery item up to £5,000 in value. The maximum combined total of T H March Insurance certificates held at your home address cannot exceed £10,000 in total.
For full Terms & Conditions please read the T.H March terms and conditions below.
RETURNING AN ORDER WITH INSURANCE POLICY APPLIED
If you select an insurance option when placing your order, and decide you don't want the item, you must send back the item within 14 days of purchase so we are able to cancel your Insurance policy; please read our Returns & Exchange policy.
March Guard the Jewellery insurance effected through T H March & Co Limited, 10/12 Ely Place, London, EC1N 6RY. This insurance is only available in connection with the purchase of the items to be insured.
This is to certify that this insurance is underwritten by certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s and led by S.A. Meacock and Others, Syndicate 727, in accordance with the authorisation granted to the undersigned under contract number UMRB0600A1612823 or any subsequent updating contract. The Underwriters’ obligations under this insurance are several and not joint and are limited solely to the extent of their individual subscriptions. Each subscribing Underwriter is not responsible for the subscription of any co-subscribing Underwriter who for any reason does not satisfy all or part of their obligations.
In consideration of payment of the premium stated on the attached purchase receipt the Underwriters agree subject to the terms and conditions of this insurance to REPAIR if accidentally damaged during the period of insurance, or REPLACE if lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair during the period of insurance, the items described on the attached purchase receipt, whilst anywhere within the Geographical Limits stated below.
This policy does not entitle the Assured to a cash settlement in the event of a claim.
PERIOD OF INSURANCE
As shown on the purchase receipt.
The Purchaser or Owner whose name and address is shown on the purchase receipt.
You may cancel the certificate within 14 days of purchase for a full refund provided no claims have been made. No refund will be given for cancellation after this 14-day period has expired.
This insurance is NOT renewable.
Cover beyond the period of this insurance may be arranged through T H March & Co Limited or via www.thmarch.co.uk
If you wish to make a complaint you can do so at any time by referring the matter to either: The Customer Services Department,
T H March & Co Limited, Hare Park House, Yelverton Business Park, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7LS.
Tel: 01822 855555 Fax: 01822 855566 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or the complaints team at Lloyd’s: Complaints Lloyd’s, 1 Lime Street, London, EC3M 7HA.
Tel: 020 7327 5693 Fax: 020 7327 5225 E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.lloyds.com/complaints
Details of Lloyd’s complaints procedures are set out in a leaflet “Your Complaint - How We Can Help” available at www.lloyds.com/complaints and are also available from the above address. If you remain dissatisfied after Lloyd’s has considered your complaint, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The contact details for the FOS are: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Tel: 0800 023 4567 (calls to this number are free from “fixed lines” in the UK) or 0300 123 9123 (calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 and 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs in the UK). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
T H March & Co Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Underwriters at Lloyd’s are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Further details can be found on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/register
FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPENSATION SCHEME
Underwriters at Lloyd’s are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the Scheme if the Underwriters are unable to meet their obligations to you under this contract. If you were entitled to compensation under the Scheme, the level and extent of the compensation would depend on the nature of this contract. Further Information about the scheme is available from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme 10th Floor, Beaufort House, 15 St. Botolph Street, London EC3A 7QU.
Website: www.fscs.org.uk Tel: 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100
Anywhere in the United Kingdom (including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands), plus up to thirty (30) consecutive days elsewhere.
1. Any individual item of jewellery exceeding £5,000 in value or any watch exceeding £1,500 in value.
2. Any Insured person not resident in the United Kingdom.
3. Any item composed entirely of brittle material.
4. Any losses from baggage, clothing or other belongings unless such baggage, clothing or belonging is being carried by hand or worn by the Assured or by any other person to whom the Assured has given the insured item as a gift.
5. Any item stolen from an unattended vehicle.
6. Any cost of repair or replacement which would improve an insured item beyond its condition immediately before the occurrence of the loss or damage leading to a claim being made.
7. Any loss or damage attributable to:
1(i) the actions of mechanical or electrical breakdown (in the case of a watch or a clock),
(ii) the actions of moth, vermin, gradual deterioration, wear and tear or design defect, or
(iii) the process of cleaning, repair or renovation.
8. Any loss or legal liability whatsoever arising from:
1(i) ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of
(ii)the radioactive, toxic, or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or its component parts.
9. Any loss or damage arising from:
(i) war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection,
acts of military or usurped power,
(ii) confiscation, nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or
public or local authority.
1. All repairs and replacements must be carried out by the issuing Jeweller.
2. The maximum cost of repair or replacement will not exceed the price paid for an item as shown on the purchase receipt, unless a different replacement price is also shown on the purchase receipt in which case the maximum payment shall not exceed the replacement price.
3. When the Underwriter settles a claim for the replacement of an item, or where the sum insured is used up in its repair, the premium for that item will be deemed to have been utilised and all cover on that item will cease with immediate effect.
4. All steps must be taken to prevent loss or damage and maintain the items in good condition.
5. The Underwriter may cancel this certificate by giving thirty (30) days notice of such cancellation in writing to the Assured at their last known address and the premium will be adjusted on the basis of the Underwriter receiving or retaining the appropriate proportionate premium. This will only be done for a valid reason such as: -•
Non-payment of premium
Non co-operation or failure to supply documentation requested
6. Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Underwriters this insurance shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts.
GENERAL CLAIMS CONDITIONS
1. There is no liability under this certificate where you (the Assured) are entitled to receive payment under any other insurance EXCEPT in respect of any excess beyond the amount which would have been covered under such other insurance had this insurance not been effected.
2. If you (the Assured) make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent in respect of any loss or the amount involved, this claim could be declined and all future claims made under it could be forfeited.
Should you need to make a claim under this certificate contact the Jeweller that issued this certificate to notify the loss at your earliest opportunity and within thirty (30) days in any event. In addition, you must ALWAYS notify the police, even when abroad, of any loss caused by theft or the disappearance of an item and obtain a crime reference/lost property number where one is issued, and you must provide the Jeweller (or any person appointed by the Underwriters) with any information, documentation, or evidence of the loss. Failure to comply with these requirements could lead to the claim being rejected.
Your Jeweller will ask you to complete a simple claim form regarding the circumstances of the loss. Your claim will be passed on to the Underwriters and if they decide that an insured loss has taken place and settlement is agreed by the Underwriters, your Jeweller will either replace a lost item from stock or arrange for a damaged item to be repaired and the invoice for repair/replacement will be sent to T H March for settlement direct with your Jeweller.
If you are unhappy with the way your claim is being handled you should follow the procedure shown overleaf to make your complaint.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
You should understand that any information you have provided will be processed by us, in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, for the purpose of providing insurance and handling claims, if any, which may necessitate providing such information to other parties.